|Back to Back Issues Page|
Cape York News #070 - Silver Plains Closed, Wet Season So Far, Caravan Guide Is Out
March 18, 2018
While the Doggy Guide was 33 pages, this one has 42 - and is still the same price: $7.
The information includes:
* Should you bring your caravan
* The reasons why you should seriously consider not bringing your caravan (so you can make an informed decision!)
* How much of the road is actually sealed and what is the prediction by a local who drives it more than 10 times a year and sees the progress constantly
* The unsealed parts and their condition
* Where to leave your van at the bottom of the Cape – there are several FREE storage places, there are also the locked / undercover spaces, and the ones in a shed (each place with their exact prices, and whether they have conditons such as time limits or if you need to stay a few nights to use the storage service)
* Bring your van
* How to avoid the damage
* How to still get to do the adventure: places where to leave your van up the Cape and go off to do the tracks (closest places to different tracks specified)
* What mechanical workshops do fix caravans up the Cape, and what are the stores that have caravan accessories
* What roads and tracks are you going to get through with your caravan
* Ferries that you have to take
* RV events to enjoy
* Where are the FREE camping spots that are large enough for caravans (on the Cape, as well as on your way here from Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Northern Territory)
* Dump points for black / grey water – where are the public ones, and also which camping grounds have them (not nearly all have one up on the Cape!)
* What commercial camping grounds / caravan parks accommodate vans – and what length can they fit – for each park
* And last but not least - what places actually have powered sites – the majority do not up the Cape!
If you did read the two page caravan chapter in the Destination Guide - this booklet is more than 20 times longer and absolutely packed with information.
All for the very cheap price of $7 – it is completely unique information.
Nothing is copied from the web or any other sources - it's only based on first hand research and local experience!
It is found inside the Destination Guide since it is a supplement with only caravan information.
P.S. If you already have the Guide, and would like the version with the Caravan Booklet:
If you bought before 2017 please go back to your original purchase confirmation email and download from the same link again, the version with the Caravan Guide is now up there.
If you bought during 2017 and after, please send me an email (as there was a glitch with the link this year), and I will send you the latest version. Just be patient please because I will have some email to answer, thank you :-)
P.P.S. There were no other major changes, except I have updated what you already know from this newsletter, such as Silver Plains.
FEEDBACK ALWAYS WELCOME
I really appreciate any kind of feedback on the Destination Guide.
Please let me know if you enjoyed it while planning before the trip, and while using the information once on the trip.
If you get any questions about anything, please feel welcome to contact me.
That's all for this time - happy planning!
Have a great day :-)
P.S. If you cannot see the photo banner in the top of this page, instead of photos you only see photo texts, and instead of links you see url addresses throughout the text, you are using email software that only reads text. Consider getting an email account with Yahoo or others that can read HTML (and remember to change your email address, which can be done in the end of every newsletter.
|Back to Back Issues Page|